Nearshore habitats of the Salish Sea
Discover the nearshore habitats of the Salish Sea in our aquarium featuring local fish and invertebrate species. These narrow zones, where land and sea meet, are critical to the health of the entire watershed. Twice daily ebb and flood tides set a rhythm along the 4,600 miles of shoreline, supporting an astonishing diversity of life.
Explore habitat exhibits including the rocky intertidal, kelp forests, and eelgrass beds. See the animals in these habitats, and find out more about the challenges they face and the adaptations they’ve made to thrive and survive.
The Aquarium is located on the pier at Fort Worden State Park. Across the street are the Museum and gift shop.
Starting December 2, the Aquarium will be closed for the winter.
The Museum will be open by donation.
Saturday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Aquarium is currently closed for the winter. When both exhibits are open to the public, admission is as follows:
- $7 Adults
- $5 Youth (6-17)
- Free for children (ages 5 and under)
PTMSC members are FREE. Become a member!
Burke Museum members are also free. Please show your membership card at the door.
Plan your visit
- Allow at least 30 minutes for each of our exhibits at Fort Worden State Park. We hope you’ll stay longer!
- You can park in the PTMSC/Canteen parking lot if space is available. No Discover Pass is required. You can park there as long as you are visiting us.
- Parking elsewhere at the beach requires a State Park Discover Pass. These can be purchased at the kiosks across from the Museum. The annual pass is $30, and the day-use pass is $10. State Park Free Days are listed here.
- Bathrooms are located in the building next to the Museum. There are no bathrooms in the Aquarium or the Museum.
- It’s quite cold in the Aquarium year round. Please dress appropriately.
Private group visits – on days we’re not open to the public, we offer private group visits to the Aquarium and Museum.
- Appropriate for all ages
- 10 person / $100 minimum
Contact Gabriele Sanchez, programs manager, for more information about availability and pricing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
School field trips – are you bringing a school group to Fort Worden and looking for classes and programs that offer unique hands-on experiences in the marine sciences?
Learn more about what we offer for this school year!
If you have questions about the schedules for the public exhibits and store, please call 360-385-5582 or email email@example.com.